11 months ago i just reported a xss vulnerability at wordpress via hackerone and after they verify my report they just fix it a.s.a.p and rewarded me of $150 for bounty.
this is the content of my report
how to the xss bug.
- login to your wordpress account
- go to appearance and select themes
- mouse over to the customize button and copy the link address
like this: http://localhost/wp-admin/customize.php?theme=fastblog&return=%2Fwp-admin%2Fthemes.php
- and then remove the link after customize.php?theme=
like this http://localhost/wp-admin/customize.php?theme=
- put a html code after the costumize.php?theme=
like this http://localhost/wp-admin/customize.php?theme=%3Cmarquee%3EHTML%20INJECT%3C/marquee%3E
and hit enter.
the result will appear with the running marquee text on it.
you can also enter this code <h2>HTML <small>Small</small> Formatting</h2>, <h2>HTML <big>Small</big> Formatting</h2>
Its my first time to submit bugs in here i hope that this is a bug.